- What are the benefits of preschool?
- Preschool-age is a time when your child’s brain is rapidly developing; children learn easily and well at this age. Activities that your child is exposed to in preschool form the building blocks for academic learning…songs and rhymes help with phonics and reading skills, play in water and sand with various containers develops basic math concepts and repetition of matching and sequencing activities contribute to readiness for academics.
- Preschool is an excellent opportunity to help your child develop his/her independence and confidence being away from you. Your child will develop the social skills that will be required of him/her once he/she begins kindergarten; interacting with other children, learning how to wait, how to take turns, how to listen, being able to follow routine, how to problem-solve and to how to work in small and large groups. The preschool setting is ideal for such learning as there is a higher teacher-to-child ratio than in the kindergarten environment.
- How old does my child need to be to attend?
- The Stepping Stones Nursery School environment is warm, inviting and open to all children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age.
- Does my child need to be toilet-trained to attend Stepping Stones Cooperative Nursery School?
- Your child does not need to be toilet-trained to be enrolled. Our teachers work to the best of their ability to help carry over your training efforts while your child is at preschool. Proper changing facilities are available at the school.
- What is a cooperative preschool?
- A cooperative preschool is one that is owned and run by its members. Members form its Board of Directors and make important decisions about how the school is run. Participation of all the preschool’s members is vital to the operation of the school.
- Can my child start preschool at anytime of the year?
- You can start at the preschool at anytime during the school year as long as there is availability.
- I’m interested in a spot at Stepping Stones Cooperative Nursery School. What’s next?
- We would love to hear from you! Feel free to call or email to chat more about securing a spot for your child.
Phone: (705) 725-1259